New Member/Inquirer Class
The next New Member/Inquirer class will be held in Fall 2022. This class is for people who are considering making LUMC your home church. Would you like to know more about what we believe as United Methodists? Want to learn about ministry here at LUMC? We already have several people who have indicated they would like to become members here at LUMC. Please contact Pastor Warner (email@example.com) if you would like to be part of this.
Confirmation Class Interest Meeting
The next Confirmation Class for youth, grades 7-12, will be held January 2023 through May 2023. Please let Pastor Stew know if your teen will be participating in Confirmation. Pastor will hold an introductory meeting in Nov/Dec for parents and youth as we learn woh will be participating.
Eastern PA Conference Guidelines for Dealing with Omicron
The Eastern PA Conference office has put out an updated “Best Safety Practices during Increasing Covid Transmission” document in response to the rapidly spreading Omicron variant. You can view the document by clicking on this link.
LUMC is already following the majority of this guidance. Trustees have reviewed the document and have made the following adjustments for the month of January.
- Continue to wear masks at all times when in the church building. Persons speaking from front of Sanctuary may remove masks when speaking but then put mask back on when not speaking.
- Social distancing. People sit in every other pew and keep six feet from any non-related persons.
- Plenty of hand sanitizer is located throughout the Narthex and Sanctuary for people to use.
- No meals, receptions, or activities that will involve people removing their masks and interacting with others for the month of January. We’re hoping things calm down once the Christmas infections have passed.
Our goal is to provide a safe atmosphere for all who attend any church event here at LUMC. Thank you for your cooperation.
Enjoy the 125th Anniversary Booklet published in 1996. The booklet contains history of Lansdale United Methodist Church and explanations of our beautiful stained glass windows.
United Methodist Handbook
The new United Methodist Handbook is now available in an easy-to-read and share digital format.
The Handbook is among the best resources for laity providing leadership, people new to The United Methodist Church and clergy who occasionally get stumped by a question. It includes:
- United Methodist teachings,
- church structure and organization,
- denominational initiatives,
- what it means to be a worldwide church,
- connectional giving information,
- a glossary of United Methodist terms … and much more.