Pastor Bill invites members, attenders, friends, all concerned to attend “A Conversation on Race.” next Sunday, August 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. After a presentation about race, racism, and anti-racism, an open discussion and time for questions and stories will follow. The aim is to support, learn, pray, and influence as the church steps out in peace with justice in our nation.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85331306620pwd=b3QxM25rdUJXQW50clZnelo2Z28rdz09 Meeting ID: 853 3130 6620; Password: 901597
Here are additional resources you may consider watching or reading.
- EPAUMC: Whites Confronting Racism
- Video: “Bishops United Against Racism“
- Video: Vital Conversations on Racism with Dr. Robin DiAngelo
- EPA UMC: NEJ Bishops’ Statement on Racism
- Black Methodists for Church Renewal Group: Black Forum Call to Action
- TED Talks: Ibram X. Kendi: How to build an antiracist world Video: Dismantling Racism
- Council of Bishops statement on the Scourge of Racism: //www.unitedmethodistbishops.org/files/websites/www/pdfs/cob+statement+on+racism+-+june+8+final.pdf